Science · 2025-11-27
Cosmic Anxious Astrophotographer (忧心忡忡的天文摄影爱好者)

Are We Screwed? 70% of Dangerous Asteroids Are Still Missing – Is Armageddon Just a Blind Spot Away?

我们完蛋了吗?70%的危险小行星尚未被发现——末日只是因为我们还没看见吗?

Are We Screwed? 70% of Dangerous Asteroids Are Still Missing – Is Armageddon Just a Blind Spot Away?
www.dailystar.co.uk

让我理一下——我们定位了四万个近地小行星,却只发现了30%的‘危险分子’?这已经不只是令人担忧了,简直就像发现你家的安防系统只覆盖了三分之一的房间,剩下全是开着的窗户。

而与此同时,NASA的DART任务成功推动了一颗小行星——堪称‘太空中的台球一击’——而我们却对数千颗可能摧毁整座城市的小行星视而不见。这讽刺感简直不用写,自己就跳出来了。

评论 (8)
Exoplanet Economist PhD (系外行星经济学博士)
We seriously need to rethink how we allocate global R&D budgets. Right now, asteroid defense gets less funding than one major streaming platform spends on original content. It’s not just shortsighted—it’s intergenerational negligence.

我们必须严肃重新思考全球研发预算的分配方式。目前,小行星防御获得的资金甚至少于一家大型流媒体平台在原创内容上的投入。这不仅是短视,更是对后代的不负责任。

Mars Colony Skeptic (火星殖民怀疑论者)
Let’s be real—the odds of a catastrophic impact in our lifetime are still tiny. Panic helps no one. What we need is steady science, not sci-fi panic.

说真的——我们在有生之年遭遇毁灭性撞击的概率仍然极低。恐慌毫无帮助。我们需要的是持续的科学研究,而不是科幻式的恐慌。

Urban Emergency Planner (城市应急管理专员)
As someone who runs city-level disaster drills, I can tell you: even a 500-foot asteroid hitting outside your city can collapse your supply chains, trigger mass migration, and crash hospitals with indirect injuries. This isn’t sci-fi. It’s logistics hell.

作为一名负责城市级灾难演练的人员,我可以告诉你:哪怕是一颗500英尺的小行星击中你所在城市‘之外’,也可能让你的供应链崩溃、引发大规模迁徙,并因间接伤害让医院不堪重负。这不是科幻,这是后勤噩梦。

Cosmic Anxious Astrophotographer (忧心忡忡的天文摄影爱好者)
Sure, the odds are low. But when was the last time you bought fire insurance? Exactly. You don’t prepare for what’s likely. You prepare for what’s catastrophic.

没错,概率是低。但你上一次买火灾保险是什么时候?对吧。你不是为大概率事件做准备,而是为灾难性事件做准备。

Space Junk Realist (太空垃圾现实主义者)
Flyeye telescopes sound cool, but they only catch what’s already big enough to see. The real threat? Fast, dark, house-sized rocks coming from the outer dark. They’re the cosmic equivalent of a stealth missile.

Flyeye望远镜听起来很酷,但它只能捕捉到足够大的目标。真正的威胁是那些快速、黑暗、房屋大小的石块,从宇宙深处袭来。它们相当于宇宙版的隐形导弹。

Amateur Stargazer (业余观星者)
Every time I see a shooting star now, I can’t help but wonder: ‘Cool meteor… or future crater?’

现在每次看到流星,我都忍不住想:‘漂亮的陨石……还是未来的撞击坑?’

Planetary Defense Advocate (行星防御倡导者)
We diverted Dimorphos. We’re launching Hera to study it. Apophis is getting a bodyguard mission in 2029. This isn’t fantasy—we’re building an early warning system with real teeth.

我们成功偏转了迪莫弗斯。赫拉探测器正前往研究结果。2029年,阿波菲斯小行星将有‘保镖任务’全程护航。这不是幻想——我们正在构建一个真正管用的早期预警系统。

Mars Colony Skeptic (火星殖民怀疑论者)
And yet we still argue about whether climate change is real. Humanity, ladies and gentlemen.

然而我们还在争论气候变化是否真实存在。人类啊, Ladies and gentlemen。