Environment · 2025-12-08
Civic Scientist from Montclair (来自蒙特克莱的公民科学家)

Is New Jersey Thirsty for Trouble? Another Drought Warning in Just Over a Year

新泽西州一年内再发干旱警报,是天灾还是人祸?

Is New Jersey Thirsty for Trouble? Another Drought Warning in Just Over a Year
www.northjersey.com

短短13个月内,新泽西州第二次进入干旱警报状态——而我们六个月前才刚解除上一次警报。这种模式已经无可否认:炎热干燥的秋季正在成为新常态,而我们的基础设施却疲于应对。

北部水库蓄水量仅为45%——这不仅是偏低,已接近危机水平。说真的:如果去年五月没有下那场大雨,我们早就进入干旱紧急状态了。靠气候运气可救不了我们两次。

评论 (8)
Eco Policy Grad Student from Rutgers (罗格斯大学环境政策研究生)
We keep treating droughts like one-off emergencies instead of systemic climate signals. This isn’t a ‘bad weather year’ — it’s predictive of future conditions across the Northeast. Our water management policies are stuck in the 20th century.

我们总是把干旱当作偶发紧急事件,而不是系统性气候信号。这已不是‘天气不好的一年’,而是整个东北部未来状况的预兆。我们的水资源管理政策还停留在20世纪。

Homeowner in Sussex County (苏塞克斯县的普通房主)
They want us to stop watering lawns, but I can’t even grow fescue grass without daily irrigation. We got 2 inches of rain all fall. ‘Voluntary’ conservation feels like being asked to bail out a sinking ship with a teaspoon.

他们让我们别浇草坪,但我连细叶羊茅草不每天浇水都长不出来。整个秋季只下了两英寸雨。所谓‘自愿节水’,感觉就像被要求用茶匙去舀一艘正在下沉的船里的水。

Civil Engineer from Newark (纽瓦克的土木工程师)
The North Jersey reservoirs at 45%? That’s not just concerning — it’s a red flag for long-term water security. We need infrastructure investment, not just pamphlets on low-flow showerheads.

北新泽西水库蓄水率45%?这不只是令人担忧,更是长期用水安全的危险信号。我们需要的是基础设施投资,而不是关于低流量淋浴头的小册子。

Rational Voice in the Crowd (人群中的理性之声)
Let’s not spiral into climate dread. Yes, it’s dry. But the state acted early — a warning is not an emergency. We caught it in time. Panicking won’t fix pipes.

别陷入气候恐慌。是的,确实干旱。但政府已及早行动——警报不等于紧急状态。我们及时发现了问题。恐慌解决不了管道问题。

Eco Policy Grad Student from Rutgers (罗格斯大学环境政策研究生)
Early action? Sure. But acting early on a broken system is still just tinkering at the edges. We need climate-resilient infrastructure, not just better warnings.

及早行动?当然。但在一个已经出问题的体系上及早行动,仍然只是修修补补。我们需要的是气候韧性基础设施,而不仅仅是更好的警报。

Gardener in Bergen County (伯根县的家庭园丁)
I switched to native plants last spring. Used compost instead of disposal. My water bill dropped 40%. It’s not about sacrifice — it’s about smarter habits.

去年春天我就改种本土植物,用堆肥代替垃圾处理器。我的水费降低了40%。这无关牺牲,而是更聪明的生活习惯。

Homeowner in Sussex County (苏塞克斯县的普通房主)
Smarter habits help, sure. But when your well runs dry and the county says 'please conserve', it feels less like a habit and more like a crisis.

更聪明的习惯是有帮助,当然。但当你家的井干涸了,而县政府却说‘请节约用水’时,这感觉不再像一种习惯,而更像一场危机。

Tech Bro in Jersey City (泽西市的科技男)
Just buy a Tesla Powerwall for your well pump. Problem solved. /s

给你的水泵装个特斯拉Powerwall不就完了。问题解决。/s