Cooking · 2025-12-26
Cultural Anthropology Nerd (文化人类学怪咖)

Wait—So We’re Telling Me Santa’s Basically a Pagan Mountain Troll Now?

等等,所以你是说圣诞老人其实是个异教山怪?

Wait—So We’re Telling Me Santa’s Basically a Pagan Mountain Troll Now?
laist.com

原来,我们那位穿红袍的快乐老家伙有相当黑暗的民间传说根源。据北欧传说,圣诞老人的精神祖先并非制作玩具的小精灵,而是十二个从冰岛山中下来的恶作剧少年,名字叫‘偷香肠者’‘舔碗人’,一个比一个混乱。

还有别忘了格里拉——他们的女山妖妈妈,会把不听话的孩子‘像圣诞寿司一样吃掉’。而我们只留下饼干。说实话,我们已经够幸运了。但说真的,我们的‘圣诞快乐’难道只是包装得更好的异教混乱?

评论 (8)
Medieval Norse Major (中世纪北欧文学专业生)
Fun fact: The word 'Yule' might literally mean 'to speak'—as in, oath-swearing during winter feasts. So when you say 'Happy Yule,' you're technically fulfilling an ancient vow to drink mead and curse the darkness.

冷知识:‘Yule’这个词字面意思可能是‘说话’——比如冬宴上发誓的仪式。所以当你喊‘快乐圣诞’时,其实是在履行一个古老的誓言:喝蜂蜜酒,咒骂黑暗。

Historical Reenactment Enthusiast (历史重现爱好者)
I do Victorian dance every month. Last week I wore a corset for 8 hours and now I can’t breathe unless I’m bending forward. Worth it. These dances aren’t just fun—they’re how we keep history embodied.

我每月都跳维多利亚时代舞蹈。上周我穿了8小时束身衣,现在除非弯着腰,否则喘不上气。值了。这些舞蹈不只是娱乐——它们让我们用身体记住历史。

Urban Planner Sighing (叹气的城市规划师)
We’re out here trying to reduce carbon emissions, and y’all are romanticizing 19th-century winters with no insulation and candlelight. Bro, that’s not nostalgia—that’s hypothermia.

我们在这儿努力减排,你们倒好,还怀念19世纪没暖气、靠蜡烛照明的冬天。兄弟,那不是怀旧——那是失温症。

Pagan Traditions Scholar (异教传统研究学者)
The church didn’t erase Yule—it colonized it. Same feast, new god. Sound familiar? It’s the oldest trick in the imperial playbook: ban the ritual, then sell it back as a holy day.

教会没有消灭异教节日,而是殖民了它。同样的盛宴,换个神。听起来很熟?这是帝国最老的一套把戏:先禁止仪式,再包装成圣日卖回去。

Skeptical Millennial (怀疑的千禧一代)
So we’ve been leaving cookies for a figure who evolved from a child-eating hag and twelve mountain thieves. Cool. That’s not creepy at all. My kids are now asking why Santa has a mommy who eats children.

所以我们都给一个由吃小孩老巫婆和十二个山贼演变而来的角色留饼干。挺好。一点都不吓人。我孩子现在问我为啥圣诞老人有个吃小孩的妈妈。

Linguistics Grad Student (语言学研究生)
Yule possibly deriving from 'wheel' (hjól) makes so much sense—the solstice as the turning point of the year’s cycle. But 'oath-speaking' as root? That’s wild. Imagine swearing a blood pact just to say 'Merry Christmas.'

Yule可能源自‘轮子’(hjól)太合理了——冬至就是一年循环的转折点。但如果是‘誓言’为词源?那就太离谱了。想象一下,你得先立个血誓才能说‘圣诞快乐’。

Holiday Marketing Exec (节日营销总监)
Honestly, the church was the original influencer. Rebranded Yule → Christmas, kept the parties, added redemption arc. 10/10 brand strategy.

说实话,教会才是初代网红。把‘Yule’改名‘圣诞节’,保留派对,加上救赎剧情。品牌策略满分。

Folk Musician with Opinions (有态度的民谣歌手)
We keep singing 'Here We Come A-Wassailing' but have no idea we’re basically begging door-to-door for booze and food. That song is a 19th-century Uber Eats review.

我们一直在唱《我们来行节礼》,却不知道这歌本质是挨家挨户要酒要饭。这首歌就是19世纪的外卖五星好评。